- Community sports programs are likely taking place in the playgrounds
- Schools are in session and drivers need to be aware of school zones and times
- Slow down and be aware
There is a car behind that mound of snow but from a child's height, it is hidden. Pile your snow onto your lawn, not on the road – help keep everyone safe.
Winter snow clearing bylaws for residents:
- If you own or occupy property in Airdrie, you are required to clear your sidewalks of ice and snow within 24 hours of the last snowfall
- Snow or ice from your sidewalk or driveway cannot be deposited on City roadways or public places.
- Concerned about a property owner not clearing their sidewalk? Contact Municipal Enforcement after 24 hours of the last snowfall
- For the full bylaws on residential snow clearing, see page 17 of the Community Standards Bylaw
- More children are outside during school hours and later in the evenings and on weekends
- Drivers: Take your time, obey all signage and be aware of your surroundings
- Pedestrians: Use the crosswalks and make sure all drivers have stopped before stepping out onto the roadway
Bylaw enforcement (Municipal Enforcement)