The City is pleased to offer three fire pits to the community. All fire pits and picnic shelters are available free of charge to the community thanks to the contributions from local business, the City of Airdrie and the Scout Groups.
Interested in booking a fire pit for a gathering? Follow these steps:
- Contact the Parks department for availability
- Complete the Parks & Green Space Application and submit it for approval
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance (at the cost of the organizer) with a minimum liability of no less that $2 million depending on the event
- The organizer is responsible for providing and removing their own firewood and water in order to extinguish the fire prior to leaving the area
- A re-fundable deposit of $40.00 is required for the use of a fire pit. Cash or cheque is acceptable for deposit.
Nose Creek Regional Park: Located at the northwest end of the playground
East Lake Regional Park: Located off East Lake Road and beside the Scout Hall
Coopers Discovery Park Fire Pit: Located at 101 Coopers Cr. SW
Bowen Park, which is located in the community of Reunion (Reunion GW & Reunion Blvd), also offers small open grate barbecues (picnic style) for residents to use and enjoy without a formal booking through the Parks department. The user is responsible for providing their own firewood and ensure that the area is clean and free of all firewood & garbage.
1691 Main Street