The City has three bookable fire pits available to the community, thanks to the contributions from local scout groups, businesses and the City of Airdrie.
Interested in booking a fire pit for a gathering? Follow these steps:
- Contact the Parks department for availability
- Complete the Parks & Green Space Application and submit for approval
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance (at the cost of the organizer) with a minimum liability of no less that $2 million depending on the event. The City of Airdrie must be noted as an Additional Insured for the duration of the event.
- The organizer is responsible for their own firewood, water to extinguish the fire and must remove the debris left behind in and around the fire pit.
- A refundable deposit of $40.00 is required for the use of a fire pit. Cash or cheque only is accepted for deposit. The key must be picked up at the City of Airdrie Parks office located at: 23 East Lake Hill NE
Nose Creek Regional Park: Located at the northwest end of the playground
East Lake Regional Park: Located off East Lake Road and beside the Scout Hall
November 10, 2020
NOTE: Until further notice, the East Lake Park fire pit will not be available for use. This closure is due to required maintenance in the vicinity of the fire pit. Once the work is complete and it is safe to do so, it will be open for use.
Coopers Discovery Park Fire Pit: Located at 101 Coopers Cr. SW
Bowen Park, which is located in the community of Reunion (Reunion GW & Reunion Blvd), also offers small open grate barbecues (picnic style) for residents to use and enjoy without a formal booking through the Parks department. The user is responsible for providing their own firewood and must ensure that the area is clean and free of all firewood & garbage.