The City has three bookable fire pits available to the community, thanks to the contributions from local scout groups, businesses and the City of Airdrie.
Interested in booking a fire pit for a gathering? Follow these steps:
- Contact the Parks department for availability
- Complete the Parks & Green Space Application and submit for approval
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance (at the cost of the organizer) with a minimum liability of no less that $2 million depending on the event. The City of Airdrie must be noted as an Additional Insured for the duration of the event.
- The organizer is responsible for their own firewood, water to extinguish the fire and must remove the debris left behind in and around the fire pit.
- A refundable deposit of $40.00 is required for the use of a fire pit. Cash or cheque only is accepted for deposit. The key must be picked up at the City of Airdrie Parks office located at: 23 East Lake Hill NE
Nose Creek Regional Park: Located at the northwest end of the playground
East Lake Regional Park: Located off East Lake Road and beside the Scout Hall
Coopers Discovery Park Fire Pit: Located at 101 Coopers Cr. SW
Bowen Park, which is located in the community of Reunion (Reunion GW & Reunion Blvd), also offers small open grate barbecues (picnic style) for residents to use and enjoy without a formal booking through the Parks department. The user is responsible for providing their own firewood and must ensure that the area is clean and free of all firewood & garbage.