The City of Airdrie free skate times ended on June 29, 2018 and will start up again on Oct. 1, 2018. Please watch for the schedule that will be posted in September.
Free skating ice times are held at the City of Airdrie arenas; please review the following safety guidelines:
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association) helmets are highly recommended for all skaters.
- Helmets must be worn by all skaters 12 years and under.
- Helmets must be worn by all shinny hockey players and full equipment is highly recommended.
- All participants MUST wear skates while on the ice surface.
- Chairs, sleds, strollers, pylons and other obstructions are not permitted on the ice surface during free drop-in skate times. Skate aids are only permitted on the ice surface during parent and tot skating.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice surface.
- Please refrain from carrying children on shoulders or in arms while skating
- The use of hockey sticks is not permitted during free skate times.
- Please skate at a sensible speed, adhere to the directions of arena staff members and immediately report all accidents or injuries to arena staff members on duty.
- Participants displaying unacceptable behaviour (excessive speed, horseplay, acting out or foul language) will be asked to leave the arena premises.
- Fighting, weapons, drugs or alcohol will result in immediate expulsion from the arena premises.
P. 403.948.8804, ext. 5527