Census 2019 is complete. Click here to view the results.
The City of Airdrie conducts a municipal census each spring. This information is used to assist departments in planning for the needs of Airdrie citizens. Decisions regarding future transportation networks, the locations of schools, parks, utilities and fire protection facilities are based to a large extent on statistics on population growth collected in the municipal census. As well, many of the grants received from the Province are awarded on a per capita basis. A census count ensures that maximum grant funds are received.
Your responses to the census are used in a variety of ways, such as:
- collect grant dollars for programs and services in the City
- attract new business opportunities, and
- get a good snapshot of the people who call Airdrie home.
Alberta Finance also publishes weekly economic reviews which contain economic commentary and statistics on the:
- overall economy
- labour market
- price indices
- household sector and business sector in Alberta
- economic indicators for that week