Starting April 1, residents can put pet waste in their residential organics carts.
Acceptable pet waste includes pet feces, cat litter and bedding for pets such as hamsters, guinea pigs etc. Pet waste will be accepted either loose or within a certified compostable or paper bag.
Pet waste will not be accepted in organics receptacles in city parks.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site).
What we do:
Waste and Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social, and economic impacts
The department is responsible for:
- residential waste collection
- residental organics collection
- operation of the Recycle Depot
- operation of the transfer site
- coordination of Multi-Family recycling program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
For full details on Waste and Recycling, view the revised waste management bylaw.
* Business use of our facilities is not permitted as business do not contribute to funding for services and program.
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- Holiday Recycling Tips (pdf)
- September 2017 Waste Audit Report (pdf)
- Public Spaces Guidelines (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.