A toilet can waste thousands of litres of water every year, flushing your money down the drain.
Switching out your old toilet will save you money and conserve water. If you change a 20L toilet to a 6L toilet, you will see a decrease of 14L per flush. Multiply this by four flushes per day with four people in the house and you could save 200L of water per day. This adds up to 81,000L per year. This is a cost savings of $282.93 per year
- Purchase and install a new high efficiency toilet
- Take old toilet out to the Transfer Site for free disposal and receive a destruction receipt from the Transfer Site operator (All internal working parts must be removed)
- Fill out an Application form and send it in with original purchase receipt for your new toilet (no photocopies, original receipt will be returned upon request) and the original destruction receipt for the toilet you dropped off at Transfer Site.
Drop off at City Hall or mail to:
City of Airdrie
400 Main Street SE
Airdrie, AB T4B 3C3
- Credits will be processed directly on your utility accounts
- Please make sure you keep copies of your purchase receipt, toilet destruction receipt and application form prior to submitting. We will not photocopy these for you.
- Airdrie residential utility water customers whose accounts are in good standing
- Properties constructed prior to January 2004 with 13L or 20L toilets. Any property built after 2004 would already have high efficiency toilets installed
- High efficiency toilet replacement: $50 each
- A maximum of three credits are available per municipal address
- Keep a copy of your receipts and application form for your records
- All applications are processed on a first come first served basis
- All claims subject to verification
- The City of Airdrie is not responsible for the installation or function of toilets
- The City of Airdrie reserves the right to arrange an inspection of your newly installed low-flow toilet
The residential toilet replacement program is just one way the City of Airdrie is demonstrating our commitment to water conservation. Preserving this valuable resource benefits our local economy and the environment.
*The City of Airdrie reserves the right to suspend this program at any time for any reason.
Utility Billing Service Centre