To ensure quality infrastructure, Engineering Services conducts regular inspections and site visits throughout construction on all new infrastructure within the city. When construction is complete, two certificates are issued:
1. Construction Completion Certificate (CCC)
- After construction, a mutual inspection including the developer’s representative and Engineering Services is conducted to ensure that the infrastructure is substantially complete
- A submission is made to the City for each utility, including all of the information found on the CCC checklist
- When all supporting documents are received and all deficiencies are addressed, the CCC is approved and the maintenance period for the utility begins
2. Final Acceptance Certificate (FAC)
- Near the expiry of the maintenance period, another mutual inspection is completed including Engineering Services, the developer’s representative and the contractor to identify any deficiencies
- A submission is made to the City for each utility which includes the information found on the FAC checklist
- Once all deficiencies have been corrected and the FAC submission is complete the FACs are released and the City will take over the maintenance of the utility
Certificates will not be processed until all supporting documents are received and all inspections are complete to the satisfaction of the City.
The developer’s consultants must use the Inspector's report to ensure consistency in CCC submissions.
To ensure quality infrastructure, Engineering Services, in conjunction with the Planning department, conducts regular inspections on private sites throughout the city. Engineering will conduct the same inspection as with CCC/FAC inspections; however, the City will not own the infrastructure after completion.
Please review the Engineering Services pre-inspection checklist prior to booking an inspection.
- Engineering services pre-inspection checklist (pdf)
- CCC checklist (pdf)
- Maintenance period (pdf)
- FAC checklist (pdf)
- Inspector’s reports (pdf)
- Authorization to work in road right of way (pdf)
- Construction Completion Certificate (pdf)
- Final Acceptance Certificate (pdf)