The City of Airdrie Roads 2021 sweeping program is now COMPLETE.
Spring clean-up is an annual program that removes winter sanding material and other debris accumulated during the winter months from roadways, sidewalks and boulevards. This prevents the material from entering the storm drains and helps keep city waterways, such as Nose Creek, cleaner.
Street sweeping begins in late April and wraps up at the end of June. It's broken into three phases:
- Phase 1: Sweeping arterial roads, boulevards and medians
- Phase 2: Sweeping all collectors and residential streets
- Phase 3: Sweeping Green streets & paved alleys (after residential roads)
Residential street sweeping is split into zones based on neighbourhoods. The street sweeping map posted during street sweeping will indicate projected start dates and areas that have been completed.
To keep our roads free of debris during the summer and fall months, sweepers may be seen on the arterial and collector roads.
- Obey construction signs, slow down and use caution when approaching or passing equipment
- Don’t sweep your driveway and sidewalk debris onto the road
- Remove your advertising signs from boulevards and medians
- Remove ramps or other obstructions from the gutter in front of your driveway
- Maintain vegetation (trees, shrubs) and structures that may obstruct equipment on the road right-of-way
We would like to thank the residents of Airdrie for moving their cars from City roads when sweeping is scheduled.
At least 48 hours in advance, signs are placed at entrances into subdivisions scheduled to be swept.
Watch for orange signs like the one pictured above as they will indicate when sweeping will occur in your area.
If inclement weather doesn't allow for sweeping to begin or be completed on the dates posted, dates will be updated to reflect this.
Find your neighbourhood and tentative start date on the street sweeping map. Each neighbourhood takes about two days to sweep. The street sweeping map is updated two zones at a time daily.
Street sweeping is more effective when all cars are removed from the street. The Roads department will tag and tow non-compliant vehicles in accordance with the Streets bylaw. When signs are up in your community, you can park in alleys between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but please don't block off emergency access or access to driveways, garages and backyards.
If you will be out of town for an extended period of time during April, May and June while residential sweeping is underway, please move your vehicle to off-street parking.
Roads does not sweep private parking lots. Residents living in townhouse or condo complexes do not need to move their vehicles if parked on-site. However, vehicles parked on the street must be moved.
Sign up for street sweeping notifications at myAIRDRIE