When it snows the City's job is to clear more then 345 lane km of priority 1 and 2 roadways. To accomplish this, crews work 24 hours, seven days a week.
How residents can help:
- Clear your sidewalks of snow and ice within 24 hours after a snowfall.
- When clearing sidewalks and driveways, put snow on grass, not on the roadway.
- If a windrow has been left behind after a snowplow has cleared your street, it is the homeowner's responsibility to remove it.
- Clear ice and snow away from the storm gutter or storm drain in front of your home. This will allow the storm drain to perform properly.
- If the storm drain remains submerged in water after 90 minutes, contact Roads at 403.948.8415 or Roads@airdrie.ca
- See more tips and reminders here.