Water Services provides, operates, maintains, repairs and inspects the existing water distribution and wastewater collection systems to supply quality water and reliable collection of wastewater to the residents and businesses of Airdrie.
Please contact Utilities if you require the following:
- Water turned on/off
- Bulk Water accounts
- Billing inquiries
- Moving into a new property and setting up a Utility account
The Water Services team will be at various events throughout the summer to answer your water questions. Wade the Water Drop will be at select events.
Click here for a summary of water use restrictions.
- June 26 - Airdrie Farmers Market (3:30 - 9 p.m.)
- July 13 - Rain Barrel Sale
- July 31 - Airdrie Farmers Market (3:30 - 9 p.m.)
- Sept. 7 - AirdrieFest
- More dates TBD
The City of Airdrie purchases water from the City of Calgary, who sources it from the Bow and Elbow rivers. The water is treated by the City of Calgary and then travels to Airdrie reservoirs through supply mains. From there, it is pumped to distribution mains where it flows to homes, businesses and hydrants. The City of Airdrie water distribution system consists of approximately 296 kilometres of lines, including three supply lines and three reservoirs.
There are times when infrastructure may fail. If you suspect that a water or sewer break has occurred, immediately contact:
- Water Services
- Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Emergency after hours line
- 403.948.8800 and follow the automated attendant
- After hours, weekends and statutory holidays
Please click the link below to view the latest areas under repair and possible road closures: