Affordable and strategically located, Airdrie is well-suited to distributing and re-distributing a range of agricultural, industrial and manufactured goods to anywhere in Western Canada, as well as other Canadian, US and global markets.
Our location on the Calgary-Edmonton Corridor, proximity to east-west road networks and the Calgary International Airport, and location within a growing consumer market, make Airdrie a prime choice for transportation and logistics-related businesses.
Airdrie has seen tremendous growth in the transportation and logistics sector. We welcomed Costco Wholesale to our city in 2008. The company opened a 260,000 square foot Western Canada distribution depot on 46 acres in Airdrie's northeast business park.
Costco joins a number of companies with distribution centers in the region. Wal-Mart, Rona, Shoppers Drug Mart and Canadian Tire have distribution facilities in the Calgary Region with service areas throughout Western Canada and beyond.
- Excellent transportation connections
- Airdrie's business parks have direct access to the Queen Elizabeth II Highway (Calgary-Edmonton Corridor / CANAMEX Highway)
- Easy access to the TransCanada highway, linking traffic across Canada and to west coast ports
- 15 minutes to Calgary International Airport – one of Canada's busiest airports
- Close proximity to the 24 hour border crossing at Coutts/Sweetgrass (340 kilometres)
- 24-hour delivery time to major world markets
- 35 kilometres to intermodal auto and trainload facilities in Calgary
- Competitive land and lease costs, no local business tax and low property taxes
- The lowest overall provincial taxes in Canada, including no sales tax, general capital or payroll taxes
- A critical mass of transportation and logistics companies located in the Calgary region that provide supply chain and transportation management services