The Airdrie Fire Department, Municipal Enforcement and RCMP Administration follow specialized recruitment procedures.
- The successful candidate is required to pass the Enhanced Reliability RCMP Security Clearance
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are currently working in an enforcement agency or who hold this level of security clearance (provide proof with application)
- Applicants not currently in an enforcement role or holding this level of security will be required to provide an acceptable criminal record check including Vulnerable Sector at time of interview (shortlisted candidates will be given instructions)
- Persons with a criminal record (current or past) or a person with a history of drug use or criminal activity may not be considered
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a clear driver’s abstract for officer positions
The Airdrie Fire Department recruitment process entails specific prerequisites and a series of evaluative measures.