The City of Airdrie offers a comprehensive compensation package, designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We utilize salary surveys and reviews every two years to ensure competitiveness. The rates of pay for firefighters are reached through a bargaining process.
City employees belong to the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP) immediately upon employment. All contributions are paid by the employee, which the City matches and contributes an additional one per cent.
Employees may also choose to participate in the supplementary pension plan, which is also matched by the City plus an additional half per cent.
- City paid health and dental premiums for employees and their families
- Health care spending account
- Employee paid short and long-term disability programs to supplement sick time
- Paid vacation
- City paid wellness pass
- Training and development opportunities
- Recognition and long service award programs
- City paid employee assistance program
- Maternity and parental leave benefits
- Personal sick time and family responsibility time
- Flexible work environment and lifestyle balance
- Healthy, safe and playful environment