On March 22, 2012 the Province of Alberta approved the annexation of approximately 12,640 acres of land from the County of Rocky View to the City of Airdrie. The land provides the City of Airdrie with a 50 year land supply that will see development of services, amenities and housing over the next several decades.
Rural Airdrie residents can find out more about City services including property taxes, garbage collection and recreational opportunities at I am a Resident.
The following attachments are intended to help explain the annexation process in greater detail.
Annexation Application: It contains the Annexation Agreement and Supporting
Documents (i.e. Financial Impact Analysis, Comprehensive Growth Study, Ecological Inventory, Infrastructure Needs Study etc.), and is the basis of future commitments agreed to by the City of Airdrie and Rocky View County to implement the annexation approved by the Province of Alberta.
Click to view the Annexation Application and Supporting Documents. These documents are stored offsite.
- News Release - Province approves Airdrie annexation (pdf)
- Province of Alberta Annexation Principles (pdf)
- Chart 1- Overview of the Annexation Process in Alberta (pdf)
- Chart 2- Overview of Airdrie and Rocky View Annexation Negotiation and Public Consultation Processes (pdf)
- Comprehensive growth study (Dillon) 2008 (pdf)
- Comprehensive Growth Study (Dillon update) 2010 (pdf)
- Comprehensive growth Study (Dillon update) 2011. (pdf)
- Annexation Strategy 2013 (pdf)
- Ecological Inventory Expansion & Best Practices (O2) 2013 -Final Report (pdf)
Planning & Development