The City of Airdrie is working with BILD Calgary Region Group to present a service funding solution for the Annexation Area to Council. Be sure to check this page for future updates on this initiative. In the meantime, you can learn more by reviewing the Council minutes from July 2, 2019 here.
On March 22, 2012 the Province of Alberta approved the annexation of approximately 12,640 acres of land from the County of Rocky View to the City of Airdrie. The land provides the City of Airdrie with a 50 year land supply that will see development of services, amenities and housing over the next several decades.
Rural Airdrie residents can find out more about City services including property taxes, garbage collection and recreational opportunities at I am a Resident.
The following attachments are intended to help explain the annexation process in greater detail.
Annexation Application: It contains the Annexation Report, Agreement and Supporting Documents (i.e. Financial Impact Analysis, Comprehensive Growth Study, Ecological Inventory, Infrastructure Needs Study etc.), and is the basis of future commitments agreed to by the City of Airdrie and Rocky View County to implement the annexation approved by the Province of Alberta.
- News Release - Province approves Airdrie annexation (pdf)
- Province of Alberta Annexation Principles (pdf)
- Chart 1- Overview of the Annexation Process in Alberta (pdf)
- Chart 2- Overview of Airdrie and Rocky View Annexation Negotiation and Public Consultation Processes (pdf)
- Comprehensive growth study (Dillon) 2008 (pdf)
- Comprehensive Growth Study (Dillon update) 2010 (pdf)
- Comprehensive growth Study (Dillon update) 2011. (pdf)
- Annexation Strategy 2013 (pdf)
- Ecological Inventory Expansion & Best Practices (O2) 2013 -Final Report (pdf)
- Airdrie Annexation Agreement (pdf)
- Annexation Application Report (pdf)
Planning & Development