Building a new home, renovating, adding or expanding an existing home? The quick links will provide you with the tools you need to get the job done.
Prior to starting your construction you will need to apply for your construction permits. Building Inspections will review your application, provide a plan review, issue your construction permits and provide inspections services through the course of construction to ensure your building is constructed to meet or exceed the Alberta Building Code and related regulations.
Contact us. We can help you avoid unnecessary surprises and ensure your project goes quickly and smoothly.
To apply for a new construction residential permit please complete the residential permit application form below. A list of the permit application requirements has been provided in the residential permit application checklist. Inspections are required during the course of construction. As part of your construction project, you may require access to public lands. Please ensure you complete an application for access to public lands.
Every business, occupation or trade that is carried on with the intention of making a profit within the City of Airdrie limits requires a business licence issued by the City of Airdrie. Apply online
The cost of the required permits is set out in the permit fees bylaw.
- 9.36 Project summary (pdf)
- 9.36 Trade off report (xlsx)
- 9.36 Users guide (pdf)
- Alternative solution application checklist (pdf)
- Building grade slip (pdf)
- Call for an inspection checklist (pdf)
- Furnace and Ventilation Set Up Report (pdf)
- House, duplex, townhouse schedule 'D' permit fee (pdf)
- Installing recessed lighting (docx)
- Manufactured Stone and Brick Form A (pdf)
- Permit application checklist - Multi family Townhouse and Duplex (pdf)
- Permit application checklist - New Single family and Additions (pdf)
- Permit process for house, duplex, and townhouse (pdf)
- Permit regulations (pdf)
- Revised drawing requirements (pdf)
- Third party verification - exterior (pdf)
- Permit fees bylaw (pdf)