Barking can be a major annoyance for your family and your neighbours. If your dog’s barking is an issue, you could try:
1. Putting your dog in a private area of your yard away from neighbourhood noises
2. Enrolling your dog in obedience classes
3. Purchasing or renting a barking deterrent device through a pet store or your veterinarian
4. Speaking with your veterinarian about other options
If you would like to make a complaint about a barking dog in your neighbourhood, there are a few steps you are required to follow:
- Request a Dog Barking package by filling in the Dog Barking package request form.
- Complete the dog barking package over a period of time.
- Municipal Enforcement will review your form. When it is complete and if it provides sufficient detail, Municipal Enforcement will follow up with the dog owner.
- 2016 ACBylaw Consolidated (pdf)
- ACB 2016 Schedule A (pdf)
- ACB 2016 Schedule B (pdf)
- ABC 2016 Schedule C (pdf)
- ACB 2016 Schedule D (pdf)
- ACB 2016 Schedule E (pdf)
- ACB 2016 Schedule F (pdf)