Reporting motor vehicle collisions

If you have been involved in a serious motor vehicle collision involving injuries, liquor, hit and run, extensive property damage or your vehicle is not drivable, please dial 911 or the RCMP non-emergency complaint line. Or you may choose to attend the Airdrie RCMP detachment during regular business hours to report your collision. It is only necessary to report property damage collisions if the total combined damage exceeds $2,000.

Please bring the following:

  • Driver’s licence
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Vehicle registration
  • Information regarding the other vehicle and its driver

In order to receive a damage sticker the vehicle involved in the collision must be brought to the Detachment. If vehicle is not safe to drive - a copy of your vehicle estimate from a body shop is required.


Requests from Insurance Companies and Law Offices for criminal & collision police reports:

  • Basic Reports - $40
  • Collision Analyst Reports – an additional $50

Criminal record checks

Anyone requesting a criminal record check who is working or volunteering with the vulnerable sector (children, seniors and vulnerable people) may be required to provide fingerprints if their date of birth and sex are a match to a known offender.

  • Payment can be made by cash, credit card or debit
  • Takes approximately two to four weeks to process. This may vary due to volume during peak periods (August - November)
  • Must have two pieces of government-issued identification, at least one of which must be photo identification
  • Must be a resident within the Airdrie RCMP jurisdiction and provide documented proof of current address
  • Fees:
    • Employment: $40
    • Volunteers/students: $15
    • Adoptive/foster families: $50 per family

*Volunteers and students must provide a letter from the organization requesting the criminal record check. This letter:

  • Must be on letterhead
  • Must include the applicant’s name
  • Must specify that they are a volunteer or student (unpaid position or practicum)
  • Must specify type of criminal record check requested: Name Based or Vulnerable Sector
  • Must be signed by the requestor/organization
  • Must be an original

The Airdrie RCMP will not begin the application process without this letter.

Persons who have been convicted of a criminal offence should get a certified criminal record check which can be completed by submitting fingerprints. If you have a criminal record and require a vulnerable sector check, you must complete both the criminal record check and the certified criminal record check.

Record suspensions

A record suspension (formerly a pardon) allows people who were convicted of a criminal offence, but have completed their sentence and demonstrated they are law-abiding citizens for a prescribed number of years, to have their criminal record kept separate and apart from other criminal records.

Contact the National Parole Board to download a copy of the complete Pardon Application Guide, including detailed instructions for its completion.

Paying a violation ticket (NOT payable at the RCMP)

Violation tickets may be paid at a Motor Vehicles Registries Office or at the Provincial Court Hours. You must bring the ticket with you when making a payment. You may also pay the fine online

*A service fee will be applied at a Motor Vehicles Registries Office or if you pay online. 

Civil fingerprinting

Civic fingerprints are taken for:

  • Name change
  • Immigration/citizenship
  • Certified criminal record checks
  • Vulnerable sector hits
  • Landed immigrant
  • Employment
  • Adoption
  • Visa/foreign travel waivers

Available from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, with the exception of 1:30 - 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Civil fingerprints are not available on Mondays.




City of Airdrie Residents: $35
City of Airdrie Residents that have already paid for a criminal record check and require prints for Vulnerable Sector Check: $10

Civil fingerprinting completed for residents of Airdrie Detachment Jurisdiction only.

Payment can be made by credit, debit or cash


Federal Fingerprinting Fees

Electronic fingerprinting (LIVESCAN): $25 plus administrative service fee of $25 - both fees can only be paid by cash (exact change only) or money order payable to the Receiver General.


Contact us

P. 403.945.7267