The City of Airdrie’s Community Investment Funds (CIF) is a grassroots initiative to provide funding to eligible, local not-for-profit organizations and neighbourhood associations. Funds will be used to support sustainable festivals, events and/or neighbourhood projects within Airdrie that enhance the quality of life of residents.
Through the CIF, eligible groups can apply for the following:
Neighbourhood Matching Fund
- Supports events that create a strong sense of community and safety
- Helps residents to collaboratively address the needs of their neighbourhood
- Provides one-to-one matching funds up to $500 for sustainable initiatives that bring neighbours together
- Applications for neighbourhood projects and events are accepted year-round. Applications must be received two weeks before the project date.
Small scale festivals & events fund
- Enhances arts, culture and recreational sustainability by protecting the characteristics that make Airdrie unique
- Provides matching seed funding up to $5,000 for newly formed organizations or to revitalize smaller existing community not-for-profit organizations
- Organizations are encouraged to become self-sustainable
- Nurtures innovative arts, recreational and creative expressions that further strengthen Airdrie’s reputation as a vibrant community with a heightened sense of identity, place and community
Large scale festivals & events fund
- Enhances Airdrie’s economic sustainability by providing matching funding up to $15,000 to community not-for-profit organizations that have an established history of organizing and hosting large scale festivals and events capable of attracting tourism
- Funding will be awarded to community not-for-profit organizations that can organize and host festivals and events that are multi-faceted, have established or potential audience support, and have the capacity to strengthen local economies
The City of Airdrie will be accepting CIF funding applications for 2018 for small and large scale festivals and events.
Festivals & events funds (small and large scale events)
- The 2018 application process for small and large scale events will open on May 1st and close May 31st, 2017, 4:30pm.
- A mandatory CIF In-Service information session will be hosted by the City to provide community groups who are interested in applying for the small and large scale event funding with information about the program. (See information below.)
The City is hosting its annual CIF In-service information session to provide community groups with information about the program. This session is mandatory for those organizations wanting to apply for 2018 CIF Small and Large Scale Festival and Event funding. The 2018 Application Form will also be reviewed at the in-service.
The CIF in-service will be held on April 27th at 6:00pm at City Hall.
Participants are asked to RSVP to Community Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.948.8878.
- 2018 CIF Application Form (docx)
- Neighbourhood Matching Funds application form (docx)
- CIF Policy (pdf)
- CIF Brochure (pdf)
- CIF Procedures (pdf)
- CIF Budget Form (xlsx)
- CIF Final Report Form (doc)
- CIF Financial Report (xls)
- Volunteer Value Work Book (xlsx)
- Neighbourhood Survey (docx)
- Small Scale Survey (docx)
- Large Scale Survey (docx)
- Economic Impact Tool Kit (docx)