Play a starring role in the Bert Church Theatre in our volunteer program! The theatre is seeking friendly volunteers who can commit to assist with at least eight shows per season.
Do you have a passion for the performing arts?
Are you interested in learning more about the inner workings of the theatre world?
Volunteers work alongside the Front of House Manager before, during and after performances on a variety of tasks that ensure patron safety and satisfaction. During the performance, Volunteers are stationed in and around the theatre, where they get to complete their tasks while checking out the performance!
Duties of Volunteers are as follows:
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events
- Direct patrons to restrooms, concession and telephones
- Distribute programs to patrons
- Scan admission tickets verifying details like date, and time of event
- Sell merchandise and bottled water
- Help solve other customer concerns
- Respond quickly and courteously to patrons’ needs, questions, comments, or concerns with answers and/or action
- Assist patrons in finding seats, and help seat latecomers if necessary
- Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
- Walk through the theatre to retrieve discarded programs, water bottles and lost items
Bert Church Live Theatre
1000 East Lake Blvd NE
Airdrie, AB T4A 2A1