Area Structure Plans (ASP) provide the planning framework for future subdivision and development. An ASP provides land use, access and servicing, and policy direction for specific neighbourhoods or areas in the municipality.
The principles and objectives established in each plan guide growth of future neighbourhoods by setting out general locations for major land uses (i.e. residential, commercial, industrial, schools and parks), major roadways, utility servicing, trail systems and potential population density.
The City of Airdrie requires an ASP to be adopted by Council prior to the adoption of a Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP), land use designation or subdivision approval in newly developing areas.
- Application for ASP and NSP (pdf)
- Preparation Guidelines (Area Structure Plans) (pdf)
- Chinook Winds ASP (pdf)
- Coopers Town ASP (pdf)
- North East Community ASP (pdf)
- North West Community ASP (pdf)
- South Airdrie Community ASP (pdf)
- South East Community ASP (pdf)
- West Airdrie Area Structure Plan (pdf)
- Luxstone Area Structure Plan (pdf)
Planning & Development