The Mayor and Council thank you for your invitation. They know how important your event is to your group and our community. Here are some tips to ensure your event is a success.
- Have your Mayor attend and speak at your event. His attendance is subject to any prior engagements, so be sure to send your invitation to the Mayor’s office as early as possible.
- If the Mayor cannot attend, he will appoint an Alderman who is available to attend to speak on behalf of Council.
- At the start of your program introduce all dignitaries: Provincial, Federal and Intergovernmental Affairs – protocol identifies order of introduction of top ranking officials to be:
Speaking order is the REVERSE of the order of introduction; namely, from 5 to 1 (lowest ranking to highest).
Designate a person to:
- Greet and seat the Mayor and Council members
- Tell them who the other dignitaries in attendance are
- Tell them who the leaders of your group and organization are
- Provide any other important facts about your event
If your event is a ticketed event, please provide complimentary passes for the Mayor and guest. In exchange for the complimentary passes, tickets will be purchased for any Councillors wishing to attend the event.
Questions or concerns?
Contact the Mayor's office.
Ph. 403.948.8800 ext 8426