As of Thursday, March 19 Airdrie Transit will experience a change in service levels.
Many customers have taken proactive measures and reduced their travel requirements using Airdrie Transit. This shift in customer use has significantly decreased our ridership as everyone is doing his or her part to implement social distancing in response to COVID-19.
As a result, we will be readjusting our services to align with the demands of customers while still meeting the basic transit needs of our residents.
Here’s what you can expect from Airdrie Transit starting March 19, 2020:
• Local service will operate daily on the current Saturday schedule (1-hour frequency).
• We will reduce 901/902 service to 3 trips in the morning and 3 trips in the afternoon
• No changes to Route 900 at this time
• No changes to Access Airdrie at this time
We understand that limiting transit use is not possible for all residents, so we encourage customers to consider the following:
• If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and avoid public activities.
• Please try to leave space between yourself and other customers.
• If you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth using your arm.
• Wash your hands frequently; including any opportunities before you board any city bus.
• Please avoid any direct close interactions with others, including bus drivers. Bus drivers will not be handling any tickets directly.
We are staying up-to-date with the recommendations and direction from the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. We will continue to update our customers with new information regarding Airdrie Transit use when it becomes available.
Thank you again for your understanding and patience during this challenging time. For information on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit our Emergency Management page in response to COVID-19.
A reliable public transportation system to take you to your destination.
- Airdrie Transit offers a real-time app
- Looking for information on transit services to and from Calgary? Check out the Intercity Express Service
- Route 900 provides service to CrossIron Mills Mall, and northeast Calgary
- Local Routes is your guide to weekday local route information
- ACCESS Airdrie is shared curb-to-curb services for those riders unable to use Airdrie Transit's fixed route system
Increase in Airdrie Transit cleaning protocol - March 13, 2020
The health and safety of our customers and staff is always our top priority. Based on the recommendations from the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services and working with our transit industry partners from across Canada we have implemented an increase in our cleaning protocol to include the following:
• In addition to regular cleaning practices, frequent wipe downs of high touch points are now taking place throughout the day
• Transit operators will not be handling any customer tickets
• Paratransit trips within Airdrie offered by the Rocky View Regional Handibus are continuing their cleaning process and monitoring the need for increased cleaning on a case by case basis
We will continue to update our riders and staff with updates as they become available