Please be patient and respectful when visiting the Depot as the following safety protocols will be implemented:
- Limited vehicles inside Recycle Depot at one time
- You will be flagged in when it’s your turn
- No vehicles bigger than a pick up truck will be permitted – maximum 4' x 8' box and no trailers
- Only one person may exit each vehicle while inside the Depot gates
- Sort all your materials prior to entering to speed up the process
- Keep your visit to a maximum of 10 minutes
- Once inside please maintain physical distancing – watch for signage and follow visual indicators located throughout the Depot
- Operations staff will not physically assist patrons at this time
Recycle Depot hours:
Wednesday to Sunday - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday open late till 8 p.m.
The following ‘high-touch’ programs are currently on hold:
- book shed
- garbage tag sales (these are available at Coop and Shoppers Drug Mart)
Transfer Site reminder:
The Transfer Site is experiencing higher than average volume resulting in longer wait times. Please be patient and respectful to staff when visiting the Transfer Site.
Additional recycling tips:
Do not put additional recycling next to your cart, overfill your cart or leave recycling outside the Depot fence. Please continue to use your cart for weekly collection:
- Keep extra recyclables until your next collection day, when you can fit them into the cart.
- Break down and flatten boxes to make more room in the cart.
- If you have extra material and know a neighbour doesn't, consider asking them if you could put some of your material in their cart (while keeping a safe distance).
When visiting the Depot, please arrive with sufficient time to unload all material prior to closing.
Only residential quantities accepted
Computers and accessories
Printers and scanners
Household hazardous waste
Paint and paint cans
Used engine oil - (MAX 20L) NO DRUMS or BARRELS
Propane tanks, bearspray or canisters
Household chemicals (must be securely contained in a clearly
labelled container; only household quantities will be accepted)
Styrofoam (no food Styrofoam)
Textiles/clothing and shoes
Coffee cup drink lids
Books (take a couple, leave a couple)
Remember, you can still recycle the following at the Recycle Depot
Clean cardboard, boxboard (e.g. cereal boxes, pop cases, tissue boxes).
Plastics & Plastic Film
Clean plastics with a number 1 through number 7 recycle symbol on the container, plastic film (e.g. plastic bags, bread bags, sandwich bags, saran wrap).
Clean tin and aluminium cans and food containers, tin lids and caps (e.g. soup cans, aluminium foil).
Newspaper, white office paper, mixed paper, magazines, envelopes, junk mail, shredded paper.
Glass food jars and bottles.
REMINDER: BUSINESS USE OF THE RECYCLE DEPOT AND TRANSFER SITE IS NOT PERMITTED PER WASTE MANAGEMENT BYLAW #B07/2017
The Recycling Depot is no longer accepting branches. Residents can take branches to the Transfer Site for a fee:
- Truck load (and trailer) flat fee - $10
- Bundle (up to an amount that fits in a 90 x 127cm/35 x 50in yard bag) - $3/bundle
- Grass and Leaves only are free of charge.
Waste & Recycling
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3