Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Main Street (outside of City Hall)
airdrieFEST is one of Airdrie’s premier outdoor festivals featuring local, non-profit organizations and local businesses. This is a particularly special year as airdrieFEST celebrates its tenth year alongside the City’s 110th birthday. It’s going to be a great celebration, Airdrie residents won’t want to miss. There will be a number of fun activity zones including:
- Family fun zone run by community Links and the Airdrie Public Library
- Petting zoo run by the Airdrie Boys and Girls Club
- Great local demonstrations organized by Airdrie Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Train ride provided by the Festival of Lights
- Live painting demonstrations by the Art Society which will include a chalk art installation that residents will be invited to help with
- Wood carving demonstrations by local Airdrie artist Eric Proulx
- Transit bus (with great new design) and emergency vehicles to tour
- Free birthday giveaway from the City of Airdrie for the first 880 families to celebrate Airdrie's 110th birthday
- Lots of great food and music throughout the day!
Stay up-to-date on airdrieFEST by following us on Facebook.
You won't want to miss our 273 great vendors which provide an incredible showcase of what Airdrie has to offer.
Check out the airdrieFEST map for all the vendors and where they're located.
Throughout the day, a number of local groups will be providing demonstrations on the airdrieFEST stage. While some time slots are still being filled, here is a tentative schedule of what to expect! It will be a great time with opportunities to join in!!
|11 - 11:30 a.m.||30 min.||Good Life Fitness Airdrie|
|11:35 - 11:45 a.m.||10 min.||Ladies Out Loud|
|11:50 a.m. to 12 p.m.||10 min.||Element Dance Studio|
|12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.||30 min.||Happy Birthday Celebration|
|12:35 - 1:05 p.m.||30 min.||F45 Training Airdrie|
|1:10 - 1:35 p.m.||10 min.||Push Cycle|
|1:25 - 1:35 p.m.||10 min.||Airdrie Sky High|
|1:40 to 1:50 p.m.||10 min.||Aurora Dance|
|1:50 - 2 p.m.||10 min.||Master Rim Taekwondo|
Thanks to Airdrie Big Brothers, Big Sisters for arranging these great demonstrations!
Volunteer Airdrie has been a key part of the continued success for airdrieFEST and so many other community events.
It’s not too late to volunteer for the Sept. 7 event. There are a number of opportunities to help set up, tear down, clean up, sit out the information booth, provide stage support or survey participants.
On Saturday, Sept. 7 from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. a portion of Main Street will be closed (between Airdrie Mainstreet Square and just south of ATB Financial) to host the airdrieFEST street festival outside of City Hall. Access to the Alberta Health Services (AHS) Urgent Care Centre at 604 Main St. SE will not be affected.
Parking lot closures and options
On Friday, Sept. 6 the South parking lot (next to ATB) at City Hall will be closed starting at 5 p.m
On Saturday, Sept. 7 parking will available at the Plainsmen Arena (320 Centre Ave E) as well as Muriel Clayton School parking lot (drivers would park at the school, walk West along Acacia drive and then use the walkway beside Urgent Care.)
Attendees are encouraged to walk to the event.
*Please note - all 2019 vendor spaces have sold out*