Skip to content

Animal licencing and control

Learn about dog and cat licences, lost pets, barking complaints, and what to do when encountering wildlife in our city.

The Animal Protection Act requires pet owners to provide adequate food, shelter and water for their pets at all times. Airdrie Municipal Enforcement (AME) investigates complaints of animal neglect or suffering. During these investigations, officers may require entry to your property. Pets will not be taken unless medical attention is required.