About our enforcement agencies
The RCMP is Canada's national police service, providing law enforcement services in detachments across the country. The City of Airdrie contracts the RCMP to provide police services for citizens and provides the RCMP with civilian support staff.
Who do I contact?
Bylaws are enforced within Airdrie by through Municipal Enforcement working out of the Municipal Police Building. Officers are appointed by the Alberta Solicitor General and Minister of Public Security to perform a range of duties under the Peace Officer Act. They are integrated with the Airdrie RCMP.
Peace Officers operate fully marked patrol vehicles and work within Airdrie to provide the following services:
- Investigate municipal bylaws and select provincial legislation complaints
- Enforcement of municipal Bylaws
- Enforcement of Province of Alberta statutes, including but not limited to: Traffic Safety Act, Gaming and Liquor Act, Tobacco Reduction Act, Prevention of Youth Tobacco Act, Enhanced Environment Act, Animal Protection Act and Dangerous Dog Act.
- Animal control duties
- Assist RCMP, EMS and Fire Services
- Patrolling residential, commercial and industrial areas
- Attend special events to assist in public safety and security
- Deliver proactive safety programs to the community
Learn more about Municipal Enforcement