Junior Fire Chief program
Each year, grade four students are invited to enter the Junior Fire Chief contest.
Students from participating schools are required to submit a 50 word essay on: 'How I can keep my family fire safe'. Teachers choose their top essays and a team from AFD selects the winning submission.
The winner will:
- Assist the crews with their school fire drill
- Ride in the fire engine back to the station for lunch with the crews and family
- Tour the hall
- Have a photo opportunity with the media
- Return to school where their entire class will receive a fire safety presentation and surprises
- Ride in the fire truck during the Canada Day parade