Skip to content

Information on bylaw complaints

You can make a complaint online or call 403.948.8892. Please note that Municipal Enforcement does not action anonymous complaints. Your information is kept confidential. Enforcement Services personnel will collect your name, current address and phone number(s) as well as the following information:

  1. Date and time of the event / incident
  2. Type of event / incident
  3. Location and / or address of the event / incident
  4. General description of the event / incident

A Peace Officer will begin an investigation into your complaint and provide action as warranted, once it has been determined if there has or has not been a breach of legislation. Actions taken may include notice for remedial measures (i.e. clean-up or removal of garbage at an unsightly property), verbal warning (to educate and mitigate the violator from continuing the breach of legislation) and / or charges laid (i.e. bylaw ticket, provincial violation ticket) if the Peace Officer decides the situation requires punitive measure.

There may be times when you will be asked to provide a sworn statement to the Peace Officer, as well as attending court. The FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT (FOIP) governs the collecting and dissemination of all personal information. If you are required to attend court in regards to your complaint, your name may be provided to the defendant.

Complaints are handled both by priority and by the order in which they were received, to help ensure prompt attention for all residents of Airdrie. Please ensure all submitted information is correct and complete especially the location or address of the reported complaint.

If due to call volume or other reason you do not reach a live person, please ensure you leave a detailed voice message about your enquiry or complaint. This will help ensure your call is logged and an investigation is started in a timely fashion, in case we are unable to reach you when your call is returned. For complaints submitted online, it may take up to two (2) business day for a response.