Airdrie Business Survey
The Airdrie Business Survey aims to gain a better understanding of the economic landscape within Airdrie. Results from the survey are used to help guide programs and services for the business community.
The survey collects information on a number of topics related to the economy, business operating environment, and City of Airdrie business-related services.
2022 Airdrie Business Survey results
The 2022 Airdrie Business Survey results were presented to Airdrie City Council in June 2022 by Deloitte.
Business Survey highlights:
- 92 per cent satisfaction of owning and operating a business in Airdrie
- 80 per cent feel confident in their business´ level of resiliency to operate and survive through any short-term crises or economic downturns that may arise over the next 2-5 years
- 89 per cent satisfaction of working with the City of Airdrie for matters that pertain to their business
- Top priorities for Airdrie businesses include:
- cost and availability of office/commercial/industrial space and land
- access to health care services
- availability of skilled labour
- Businesses are cautiously optimistic for the future:
- 62 per cent expect their revenues to increase and 25 per cent expect their revenues to remain the same in the next 12 months
- 31 per cent expect to hire and 64 per cent expect to maintain staffing levels over the next 12 months
- 48 per cent of home-based businesses are interested in moving to a storefront location
VIEW THE 2022 AIRDRIE BUSINESS SURVEY RESULT (PDF)