Skip to content

Reporting a motor vehicle collision

If you have been involved in a serious motor vehicle collision involving injuries, liquor, hit and run, extensive property damage or your vehicle is not drivable, please dial 911 or the RCMP non-emergency complaint line 403.945.RCMP (7267). Or you may choose to attend the Airdrie RCMP detachment during regular business hours to report your collision. Collisions must be reported to police if there are injuries, alcohol is involved, it is a hit and run or the total combined damages exceeds $5000. You may obtain a damage estimate to help determine if it is required to report the collision.

Please bring the following:

  • Driver’s licence
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Vehicle registration
  • Information regarding the other vehicle and its driver

In order to receive a damage sticker the vehicle involved in the collision must be brought to the Detachment. If vehicle is not safe to drive - a copy of your vehicle estimate from a body shop is required.


Requests from Insurance Companies and Law Offices for criminal & collision police reports:

  • Collision reports (including Analyst) and Criminal Reports - $72