East Points Community Area Structure Plan provides statutory approval for several hundred acres of industrial lands and sets the framework for future development.
The approved plan encompasses six quarter sections located in city’s northeast that will accommodate approximately:
- 350 acres of light industrial
- 160 acres of medium industrial
- 256 acres of heavy industrial
- 34 acres of commercial
Over 300 acres of light, medium and heavy industrial lands are primed to take advantage of adjacent servicing connections and existing servicing capacity. The addition of these lands provides the opportunity for Airdrie to attract new investment and the potential to create up to 6,000 new jobs for residents over the next 20 years.
- East Points Industrial CASP (approved December 7, 2020)
- East Points Transportation Impact Assessment
- East Points Stormwater Master Plan
For further information on the CASP, please contact the file manager:
Gail Gibeau, Senior Planner
403.948.8800 ext. 8496
For development and investment inquiries please contact:
Airdrie Economic Development
Bylaw No. B-07/2021 was approved by City Council on March 15, 2021 to apply the Interim Use Development regulations to the East Points CASP.
The purpose and intent of the regulations is to accommodate temporary and non-residential development on a limited-term basis as well as give landowners provisional opportunity to develop and use these lands as they await servicing. Interim Land Use Corridors are addressed at 7.9 of the City of Airdrie Land Use Bylaw. Bylaw No. B-07/2021 implements the existing interim use policies in the East Points CASP.
- East Points CASP FINAL (pdf)
- East Points CASP LUC FINAL (pdf)
- East Points CASP Transportation Impact Assessment (pdf)
- East Points CASP Stormwater Master Plan (pdf)
Planning & Development