Genesis Place has day camp options to keep your kids busy when they are off school.
In order for us to provide a happy and safe day camp experience, we ask parents to read the information below to ensure all proper preparations are made.
- Day camp forms must be completed and returned before the first day of camp. Forms can be picked up at Customer Service or click on the link below.
- Please be sure to label all items and send the following with your child to day camp: indoor shoes, swimsuit and towel when required, healthy snacks, water bottle, healthy lunch (no nut products), weather appropriate clothing.
- Our day camps promote a positive, active environment. No electronic devices will be allowed by participants into camp, early care, lunch care or late care. Phones and all electronic devices must stay in backpacks until such time as participants are signed out and have left our care.
Camps fill quickly so register today by calling Customer Service or use the online registration feature.
*Minimum numbers must be met for camps to run.
Genesis Place is excited to offer a full summer of boredom busting summer camps for kids 7 to 12 years old in half and full day options.
Click here to view all City of Airdrie 2019 Camps at a Glance and view descriptions below.
Here are a few things to know!
In order for us to provide a happy and safe day camp experience, please read the information below to ensure that all preparations for fun are made!
- Summer camp registration starts May 5!
- Day camp participant information forms must be completed and returned prior to the start of camps. Forms are available at the link below or at customer service
- Summer full day camps swim every day except for our field trip days (typically Wednesdays). Please ensure you send a swimsuit, towel and any other swim related equipment that your child needs.
- Summer half day morning camps do not swim and afternoon half day camps swim on Wednesday and Thursday
- All day camps will be using spaces inside the facility for games, activities and crafts. Each camp will do theme based crafts and work on some fun and exciting skills for physical literacy. Our camps aim to promote a healthy, active lifestyle so children should be prepared to be busy and active all day
- Please be sure to label all items and send the following with your child daily to camps. We will be outside as much as possible, weather permitting
- Do not send any money as your child will not be allowed to buy lunches or snacks during the day. This applies to field trips as well.
- Please do not allow your child to bring toys, Pokemon cards or items from home. We cannot guarantee that they will not be lost or stolen.
Our day camps promote a positive, active environment. No electronic devices will be allowed by participants in any aspect of camp. Phones and all other devices must stay in backpacks until such time as participants have been signed out or have left our care.
July 2-5 Theme: Oh Canada
It’s time to celebrate Canada and all things Canadian. Activities will highlight all the things that make Canada and Canadians unique. Focus: multiculturalism, inclusion and geography.
July 8-12 Theme: On the Farm
Get out of the city and see what farm life has to offer. Join us as we bring the fun of growing up on the farm to Genesis Place with games and activities in and around our centre. Focus: Cooperation, team work and sustainability
July 15-19 Theme: Super Heroes and Fairy Tales
Welcome to the land of Super Heroes and Fairy Tales. Join your fellow heroes, princesses and characters as we train and practice our skills. Focus: Imagination, community impact and volunteerism
July 22-26 Theme: Out of this World
Day Camps at Genesis Place are out of this world! Help us check out all things beyond the great blue sky! Focus: Space travel, imagination and neighbours.
July 29-Aug 2 Theme: Amazing Race Genesis Place
Let’s travel the world in search of adventure. Each day we will have challenges and activities that take us around the world without leaving Airdrie. Focus: Inclusion, culture and geography
Aug 6-9 Theme: Western Heritage
Let’s get together and celebrate our Western Heritage. Come and participate in a week all about the fun adventures of living and playing in the Wild West. Focus: Cultural heritage, rodeo and agriculture
Aug 12-16 Theme: Treasure Island
If it’s treasure and pirates you are looking for, “X” marks the spot. Join us on a fast paced, pirate adventure and race for the treasure. Focus: Exploration, creativity and imagination.
Aug 19-23 Theme: Mission Possible
This mission if you choose to accept it is to prove that all things are possible. With hard work and practice we can achieve the skills to succeed in an active healthy lifestyle. Focus: Physical literacy, skill practice and fun
Aug 26-30 Theme: Summer Adventures
It’s almost time to hit the books again, so join in while we spend one more week sharing some summer adventures
- 2019 Day Camp Registration Form (pdf)
- Genesis Place 2019 PD and Spring Break Day Camps (png)
- City of Airdrie 2019 Summer Camps at a Glance (pdf)