A friendly reminder for all dog owners to please clean up after your pets!
The City of Airdrie has six off-leash areas for dog owners and their dogs to enjoy:
Kings Heights (pictured below)
1. East Lake (small dogs): Fully fenced-in area designed for small dogs (under 30lbs ONLY). Parking is available on the west side of the enclosed area.
2. Big Springs: Partially fenced in area located on the pathway south of the cemetery to Spring Haven Crescent. This area is fenced between the QEII Highway and runs along the backyard residential area.
3. King's Heights: (Pictured above): Fully fenced-in area with a storm water pond, surrounded by chainlink fence; located at Sharp Hill Way and Kings View Road.
4. Edmonton Trail: Partially fenced-in area located on the pathway south of third avenue to Sandstone Crescent between the residential area and QEII.
5. Airdrie Festival of Lights Society Off Leash Park (Nose Creek Park): Fully fenced-in area on the south side of Nose Creek Park. The area consists of two sections. Parking is available on the east side of the enclosed area.
6. South Point: Fully fenced in area located along South Point Park at South Point Green.
Please Note: A portion of the Airdrie Festival of Lights Society Off Leash Park may periodically be used as overflow parking when large events are held in Nose Creek Park. These events may include, the Festival of Lights, the annual Show & Shine and any other large function which may be supported by the City.
Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Please ensure that pets are in control at all times - on or off of a leash.