A friendly reminder for all dog owners to please clean up after your pets!
The City of Airdrie has five off-leash areas for dog owners and their dogs to enjoy:
Kings Heights (pictured below)
Due to the construction on both, the east and west bound lanes on Sharp Hill Way, the parking lot at the south end of the Kings Heights off leash area will be closed. Construction is scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2018.
1. East Lake: Fully fenced-in area designed for small dogs (under 30lbs ONLY). Parking is available on the west side of the enclosed area.
2. Big Springs: Partially fenced in area located on the pathway south of the cemetery to Spring Haven Crescent. This area is fenced between the QEII Highway and runs along the backyard residential area.
3. King's Heights: (Pictured above): Fully fenced-in area with a body of water accessible to animals located at Sharp Hill Way and Kings View Road.
August 13, 2018: The Kings Heights off leash park will be closed for a one week period starting late August, early September. This is to accommodate enhancements to north and south entrances to the park.
4. Edmonton Trail: Partially fenced-in area located on the pathway south of third avenue to Sandstone Crescent between the residential area and QEII.
5. Nose Creek Park: Fully fenced-in area on the south side of Nose Creek Park. Parking is available on the east side of the enclosed area. (Nose Creek Off Leash Park will be expanding this summer. The existing dog park will remain open during the expansion.)
August 13, 2018: The off leash area at Nose Creek Park will be expanding to the south. Construction is expected to begin within the next couple of weeks. The current off leash area will remain open during this time.
Please Note: The Nose Creek off-leash area may periodically be used as an overflow parking area when large events are being held in Nose Creek Park. These events so far include, the Festival of Lights, the annual Show & Shine and any other large function which may be supported by the City.
Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets in order to help keep all areas within the City well maintained for everyone to use and enjoy. Please ensure that pets are in control at all times - on or off of a leash.