When visiting the Transfer Site, please arrive with sufficient time to unload all material prior to closing.
The transfer site is a collection point for residential waste and construction material. Waste is transferred to landfill sites in Calgary. Sorting materials into the groups noted on this page helps us to recycle.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities (including the Airdrie Transfer Site) are subsidized through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site). Business use of our facilities is not permitted as they do not contribute to this funding.
- Household hazardous waste and/or their container (pesticides, cleaners, etc.)*
- Dead animals
- Fill / sod
- CURRENTLY THE AIRDRIE TRANSFER SITE IS NOT ACCEPTING ASPHALT OR CONCRETE FOR PROCESSING.
*Please take household hazardous waste, paint, and electronics to the Recycle Depot.
Cash, Debit, M/C and VISA accepted
Effective Jan. 1, 2016:
- $40 per level truckload (overload charged extra)
- $10 discount if load is properly secured**
- Single appliance $10. Additional $15 per unit for Freon removal (fridges, freezers, etc.)
- Mattress OR boxspring. Twin, single, or double $10/per piece. Queen or King $20/per piece. (foam mattresses and mattress pads also accepted)
- Kids car seat. $10 per unit.
- $3 per garbage bag/unit if less than truckload
- Tires $2/tire (first four free)
Truck load (and trailer) flat fee - $10
Bundle (up to an amount that fits in a 90 x 127cm/35 x 50in yard bag - $3/bundle
**Secure load means "a truck load of residential household waste and incinerator material contained by either a tarp, net, straps, or similar device in such a manner that the residential household waste and incinerator material is not released from the truck during travel."
While travelling within Rocky View County their bylaw states, "every person who transports Litter on a highway by any means, including but not limited to transportation in or on a Motor Vehicle, Trailer or other device, shall ensure that the Litter is adequately contained, secured or covered to prevent it from falling off or being blown off while being transported." Fines range from $500 to $10,000 and imprisonment.
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.