Please be patient and be respectful to staff when visiting the Depot as the following safety protocols will be implemented to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Only five vehicles inside Recycle Depot at one time
- You will be flagged in when it’s your turn
- No vehicles bigger than a half tonne truck will be permitted – no trailers
- Only one person may exit each vehicle while inside the Depot gates
- Sort all your materials prior to entering to speed up the process
- Keep your visit to a maximum of 10 minutes
- Once inside please maintain physical distancing – use markings located throughout the Depot
- Operations staff will not physically assist at this time
Temporary Recycle Depot hours:
Wednesday to Sunday - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Waste and Recycling Services would like to offer essential/front line workers and seniors an opportunity to use the Recycle Depot Thursdays from 9 – 10 a.m. We ask other residents to refrain from using the Depot at this time.
The following ‘high-touch’ programs that could transmit COVID-19 have been cancelled for the summer:
- bike program
- book shed
- rain barrel sales (at the Depot)
- garbage tag sales (these are available at Coop and Shoppers Drug Mart)
Transfer Site reminder:
The Transfer Site is experiencing higher than average volume resulting in longer wait times. Please be patient and respectful to staff when visiting the Transfer Site.
There are no changes to your curbside waste, organics or recycling pick-up schedule.
Please do not put additional recycling or organics next to your cart, overfill your cart, or leave recycling outside the Depot fence. Continue to use your carts for weekly collection and hold on to your excess material until your next collection date. If you have extra recycling and you know a nieghbour doesn't, consider asking them if you could put some of your recycling in their carts (while keeping a safe distance).
To manage extra recyclables, break down boxes to make more room in the blue cart.
Although Calgary landfills and Airdrie's Transfer Site remain open for residents, we encourage you to hold on to additional materials to comply with the state of local emergency, physical distancing and self-isolation best practices.
Thank-you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site).
What we do:
Waste and Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social, and economic impacts
The department is responsible for:
- residential waste collection
- residential organics collection
- operation of the Recycle Depot
- operation of the transfer site
- coordination of multi-family recycling program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
* Business use of our facilities is not permitted.
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- September 2017 Waste Audit Report (pdf)
- Holiday Recycling Tips (pdf)
- Holiday hours (pdf)
- Public Spaces Guidelines (pdf)
- COVID-19 Waste Tips (pdf)
- Depot access (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.