City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site).
What we do:
Waste and Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social, and economic impacts
The department is responsible for:
- residential waste collection
- residential organics collection
- operation of the Recycle Depot
- operation of the transfer site
- coordination of multi-family recycling program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
* Business use of our facilities is not permitted unless registered. Click here to register or learn more.
A reminder that election signs belong in the garbage! Please do not place them in your blue cart.
Please place your pumpkins into your green cart for recycling. If you do not have a green cart, pumpkin drop off bins will be available at the Recycle Depot for one week after Halloween. Please remove all candles and decorations.
The pumpkin bin will be available to residents at the Recycle Depot from October 30th-November 7th.
Biweekly Organics Collection
Biweekly organics collection begins the first week of November. This means your green cart is collected every other week until the end of March. Check your collection schedule here to see when you should be setting out your green cart.
Airdrie school e-recycling contest
Compete with other Airdrie schools to keep electronics out of the landfill. The school that recycles the most electronic waste wins a prize! Contest runs until December 31, 2021
Visit www.airdrie.ca/epilot to learn more!
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- Public Spaces Guidelines (pdf)
- Depot access (pdf)
- July 2018 amendment (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.