The City of Airdrie, in partnership with London Drugs will be hosting a Shredding Event again this spring for residents. Please remove all clips, binders, and spiral spines before bringing your documents in for shredding.
Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: London Drugs parking lot, 2781 Main Street SW
Residential quantities only
Waste, organics and recycling collection days are changing in the following neighbourhoods starting June 4:
Click here to view your collection schedule.
Starting April 1, residents can put pet waste in their residential organics carts.
Acceptable pet waste includes pet feces, cat litter and bedding for pets such as hamsters, guinea pigs etc. Pet waste will be accepted either loose or within a certified compostable or paper bag.
Pet waste will not be accepted in organics receptacles in city parks.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized* through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site.)
*Business use of our facilities is not permitted as businesses do not contribute to this funding.
What we do:
Waste & Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social and economic impacts.
The department is responsible for:
- residential garbage collection
- residential organics collection
- operation of the Eastside and Westside Recycle Depots
- operation of the waste transfer site
- coordination of Multi-family Recycling Education Program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
For full details on Waste & Recycling, view the revised waste management bylaw.
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- Holiday Recycling Tips (pdf)
- September 2017 Waste Audit Report (pdf)
- Public Spaces Guidelines (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.