Beginning November 1 organics collection will change to winter bi-weekly collection. Be sure to not forget your collection day by signing up through MyAidrie.ca to get a free text or email reminder for your waste, recycling and organics collection days.
Click here to find your recycling, organics and waste collection schedule.
All single family homes in Airdrie are currently assigned one blue and one green 240-litre cart. The City of Airdrie is offering residents the opportunity to exchange the larger 240-litre cart for a smaller 80-litre cart; this will allow residents to choose a cart size that best fits their needs.
Visit the Curbside Cart Exchange page for more information.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized* through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site.)
*Business use of our facilities is not permitted as businesses do not contribute to this funding.
What do we do?
Waste & Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social and economic impacts.
The department is responsible for:
- residential garbage collection
- residential organics collection
- operation of the Eastside and Westside Recycle Depots
- operation of the waste transfer site
- coordination of Multi-family Recycling Education Program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
View the revised waste management bylaw here
- Waste & Recycling Guide (pdf)
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- Holiday Recycling Tips (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.