Submissions for the 2018 ECO Youth awards are accepted until Friday, December 14.
About the program
The ECO Youth award program recognizes youth and provides financial aid to implement or enhance projects with an environmental focus. Youth may use a current project or propose a new project to enter the award competition.
The project may cover any environmental topic and may include (but is not limited to): climate change, water, air, waste and recycling, soil, transportation, food, energy, etc.
Find out more about the program here.
Wondering what to do with your tree after Christmas? Drop your tree off to be chipped for free at the Recycle Depot between December 26 and the end of January.
Prior to drop off, please remove all tinsel, lights, decorations and tree bags from trees. Christmas tree drop off is for real trees only. Consider reusing or donating imitation trees and decor.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site).
What we do:
Waste and Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social, and economic impacts
The department is responsible for:
- residential waste collection
- residental organics collection
- operation of the Recycle Depot
- operation of the transfer site
- coordination of Multi-Family recycling program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
For full details on Waste and Recycling, view the revised waste management bylaw.
* Business use of our facilities is not permitted as business do not contribute to funding for services and program.
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- Holiday Recycling Tips (pdf)
- September 2017 Waste Audit Report (pdf)
- Public Spaces Guidelines (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.