The next spring paper shredding will take place on Saturday, June 26 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at City Hall.
The City of Airdrie provides an opportunity in the spring and fall for residents to protect their privacy by safely disposing of their personal documents.
What can you shred?
- one bankers box size of personal items per household
Prepare for Shredding:
- Please remove staples, clips, or coils.
- Bring items in sturdy, easily transportable bags or boxes.
- Make sure you should shred it. Some documents you need to shred regularly
Masks, social distancing and other restrictions will be in place for your and our safety.
No businesses. Paper shredding is available at Airdrie Staples and Airdrie UPS, contact businesses for cost.
There are no changes to your curbside waste, organics or recycling pick-up schedule.
Please do not put additional recycling or organics next to your cart, overfill your cart, or leave recycling outside the Depot fence. Continue to use your carts for weekly collection and hold on to your excess material until your next collection date. If you have extra recycling and you know a nieghbour doesn't, consider asking them if you could put some of your recycling in their carts (while keeping a safe distance).
To manage extra recyclables, break down boxes to make more room in the blue cart.
Thank-you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
City of Airdrie recycling facilities including the Airdrie Transfer Site are subsidized through an environmental fee paid by Airdrie and Rocky View County residents (additional fees apply at the Transfer Site).
What we do:
Waste and Recycling Services provides residents with options for managing their residential/household waste through services and education, considering environmental, social, and economic impacts
The department is responsible for:
- residential waste collection
- residential organics collection
- operation of the Recycle Depot
- operation of the transfer site
- coordination of multi-family recycling program
- education specific to waste diversion and recycling
- Eco Youth Awards
- various other events and initiatives
* Business use of our facilities is not permitted.
- What Goes Where Reference Sheet (pdf)
- Quick Guide to Recycling (pdf)
- Holiday Recycling Tips (pdf)
- Public Spaces Guidelines (pdf)
- COVID-19 Waste Tips (pdf)
- Depot access (pdf)
- July 2018 amendment (pdf)
21 East Lake Hill
Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3
Seven km west on Highway 567, next to the rodeo grounds.