Please note City Hall is currently closed to the public to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The transit team is following the lead of health officials and working remotely during this pandemic. As a result, we will not be processing any new applications received in the mail or dropped off at City Hall. Should you require Access Airdrie services, we ask any new applications are scanned and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to a computer/scanner/smart device, please contact our office at 403.948.8875 to discuss other available options to ensure you have access to required transit services.
ACCESS Airdrie is a shared ride, curb-to-curb service within city limits for eligible clients unable to use regular public transit fixed route services.
Effective April 6, Access Airdrie will be provided via the local Dial-A-Bus service. There will be no change to the curb-to-curb service or the shared-ride nature of service.
ACCESS Airdrie will operate extended hours:
Monday to Friday from 6:45am to 9pm and Saturday from 7am to 9pm.
At this time service will not be provided on Sundays or statutory holidays.
- The ACCESS Airdrie application includes a self assessment as well as a form to be completed by a health care professional. The completed health care professional form can be submitted electronically or as a hard copy. Completed applications are processed within two business weeks of being received by Transit staff.
- If you are eligible for the ACCESS Airdrie service, you will receive a letter detailing the service, booking procedures, policy handbook and an ACCESS Airdrie eligibility card. Please show your card to the transit driver when boarding the bus.
- The ACCESS Airdrie Handbook provides more information on the program and the eligibility process.
- Call the dispatch line at 403.948.8875 to schedule your trip
- Dispatch will work with you to arrange both a pick-up and return trip from your destination
Trips are to be booked 24 hours in advance. Same day requests for service will not be provided at this time.
Please ensure that you are ready to depart when the vehicle arrives and present your ACCESS Airdrie eligibility card while boarding
- Call the City of Airdrie Transit line at 403.948.8875 to schedule your trip between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Transit staff will work with you to arrange both a pick-up and return trip from your destination
- All trips must be booked with 24 hour advanced notice
- Please ensure that you are ready to depart when the taxi arrives
Should you no longer require an ACCESS Airdrie trip, please contact the dispatch line. If you cancel your trip without providing 2 hours notice, you may be charged a fee equal to the amount of the missed trip or your advance booking privileges may be revoked.