ACCESS Airdrie is committed to providing a safe transportation alternative for residents of Airdrie who are unable to use the regular public transit fixed route system.
ACCESS Airdrie offers a shared ride, curb-to-curb service within city limits. Service is available from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Friday and 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays. A shared-ride means you may have other clients riding with you in the vehicle. Curb-to-curb service is from the curb of your pick-up to the curb of your destination.
ACCESS Airdrie accepts three different types of fare payment.
ACCESS Airdrie clients will experience improvements to the service starting September 5, 2017. These changes will enable us to be more responsive to your needs, with the ability to provide additional capacity during peak periods of ACCESS use. We want to assure you that you will continue to receive curb to curb services with ACCESS Airdrie and the cost will remain the same.
These improvements will include:
- More vehicles to provide service
- Monday to Friday service starting at 5:30am until 9pm
- Saturday service starting at 7am until 9pm
- The ACCESS Airdrie application includes a self assessment as well as a form to be completed by a health care professional. The completed health care professional form can be submitted electronically or as a hard copy. Completed applications are processed within two business weeks of being received by Transit staff.
- If you are eligible for the ACCESS Airdrie service, you will receive a letter detailing the service, booking procedures, policy handbook and an ACCESS Airdrie eligibility card. Please show your card to the transit driver when boarding the bus.
- The ACCESS Airdrie Handbook provides more information on the program and the eligibility process.
- Call the dispatch line at 403.948.8888 to schedule your trip
- Dispatch will work with you to arrange both a pick-up and return trip from your destination
Trips should be booked 24 hours in advance, when possible.
Please ensure that you are ready to depart when the vehicle arrives and present your ACCESS Airdrie eligibility card while boarding
- Review the Specialized Medical Trips to Calgary Service Standards
- Call the City of Airdrie Transit line at 403.948.8875 to schedule your trip
- Transit staff will work with you to arrange both a pick-up and return trip from your destination
- All trips must be booked by 4:30 p.m. the day prior to the service request
- Please ensure that you are ready to depart when the taxi arrives
Should you no longer require an ACCESS Airdrie trip, please contact the dispatch line. If you cancel your trip without providing 2 hours notice, you may be charged a fee equal to the amount of the missed trip or your advance booking privileges may be revoked.
- ACCESS Airdrie User Handbook (pdf)
- ACCESS Airdrie Application Form (pdf)
- Medical Trips to Calgary Service Standards (pdf)