Please note City Hall is currently closed to the public to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The transit team is following the lead of health officials and working remotely during this pandemic. As a result, we will not be processing any new applications received in the mail or dropped off at City Hall. Should you require Access Airdrie services, we ask any new applications are scanned and submitted via email to email@example.com. If you do not have access to a computer/scanner/smart device, please contact our office at 403.948.8875 to discuss other available options to ensure you have access to required transit services.
ACCESS Airdrie is a shared ride, curb-to-curb service within city limits for eligible clients unable to use regular public transit fixed route services. Service is available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
At this time service will not be provided on Saturdays, Sundays or statutory holidays. Service hours and days of service will be re-evaluated in the future.
ACCESS Airdrie is committed to providing a safe transportation alternative for residents of Airdrie who are unable to use the regular public transit fixed route system.
ACCESS Airdrie accepts three different types of fare payment.
- The ACCESS Airdrie application includes a self assessment as well as a form to be completed by a health care professional. The completed health care professional form can be submitted electronically or as a hard copy. Completed applications are processed within two business weeks of being received by Transit staff.
- If you are eligible for the ACCESS Airdrie service, you will receive a letter detailing the service, booking procedures, policy handbook and an ACCESS Airdrie eligibility card. Please show your card to the transit driver when boarding the bus.
- The ACCESS Airdrie Handbook provides more information on the program and the eligibility process.
- Call the dispatch line at 403.948.8888 to schedule your trip
- Dispatch will work with you to arrange both a pick-up and return trip from your destination
Trips should be booked 24 hours in advance, when possible.
Please ensure that you are ready to depart when the vehicle arrives and present your ACCESS Airdrie eligibility card while boarding
- Call the City of Airdrie Transit line at 403.948.8875 to schedule your trip between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Transit staff will work with you to arrange both a pick-up and return trip from your destination
- All trips must be booked with 24 hour advanced notice
- Please ensure that you are ready to depart when the taxi arrives
Should you no longer require an ACCESS Airdrie trip, please contact the dispatch line. If you cancel your trip without providing 2 hours notice, you may be charged a fee equal to the amount of the missed trip or your advance booking privileges may be revoked.