Genesis Place offers swim programs for babies, preschool children, youth and adults.
- Red Cross Swim preschool is an eight-level program for children four months to six years of age
- Red Cross Swim Kids is a 10-level program for children five to 12 years of age
- If you are uncertain of where to place your child, please call for class details or arrange for a swim test
- Remember to hand in previous report cards to your swim instructor on the first day of classes
- Private swimming lessons are also available for swimmers of all abilities, ages three and up, including adults. Contact us at 403.948.8804 ext. 5507
- Youth and Adult programs include: Adult Swim Basics
- Junior Lifeguard Club is a registered program for children ages 8 and up that aspire to become a lifeguard. For more details call 403.948.8804 ext. 5507 today!
Find the course that's right for you and register today!
Note: for Swim Kids level 7-10 please call the Aquatics Programmer for dates and availability due to the pool maintenance that will be happening this summer. Aquatics Programmer can be reached at 403.948.8804 ext 5507.
Check out the Private swimming lessons dates & times.
Start today! Genesis Place offers a comprehensive Water Safety Instructor (WSI) program to prepare candidates to instruct Red Cross Swim programs.
The program includes a skills evaluation, online course, classroom/pool instruction and teaching experience, all of which must be completed within specific time frames. Upon successful completion of all components, candidates will be certified as a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, and must take additional professional developement within the first year of certification. Water Safety status must be recertified every two years.
Click on the link for more details; Instructor Development Program
Genesis Place will be experiencing rotating aquatic area closures in the summer of 2017.
These closures are required to upgrade our drain design to meet new safety regulations. Unfortunately, we were not able to make these changes during the 2015 retiling closure, as we had not received the appropriate new guidelines and designs at that time.
What pool users can expect:
Lane pool and hot tub July 3 - 30
- The lane pool and hot tub will close for 5 - 6 weeks (all other aquatic areas will be open)
- When the lane pool and hot tub reopen, the dive tank will close for 5 - 6 weeks (all other aquatic areas will be open)
Dive tank July 31 - August 28
- The dive tank will close for 5 - 6 weeks (all other aquatic areas will be open) When the dive tank reopens, the leisure pool will close for 2 - 3 weeks (all other aquatic areas will be open)
Leisure pool August 29 - September 11
- The leisure pool will be closed for approximately 2 weeks (all other aquatic areas will be open).
The renovation work in the lane pool and dive tank required more extensive upgrading than the leisure pool. The work will not affect our new tiling, and the scheduling has been chosen during the lowest point in aquatic area usage.
If you have any questions about the rotating area closures, please contact email@example.com