Genesis Place offers swim programs for babies, preschool children, youth and adults.
- Red Cross Swim preschool is an eight-level program for children four months to six years of age
- Red Cross Swim Kids is a 10-level program for children five to 12 years of age
- If you are uncertain of where to place your child, please call for class details or arrange for a swim test
- Remember to hand in previous report cards to your swim instructor on the first day of classes
- Private swimming lessons are also available for swimmers of all abilities, ages three and up, including adults. Contact us at 403.948.8804 ext. 5507
- Youth and Adult programs include: Adult Swim Basics
- Junior Lifeguard Club is a registered program for children ages 8 and up that aspire to become a lifeguard. For more details call 403.948.8804 ext. 5507 today!
Find the course that's right for you and register today!
Check out the Private swimming lessons dates & times.
Whether you're waiting for swimming lessons to start, or enjoying a family day at the pool, all kids under the age of 8 must be accompanied into the water at all times by a parent or guardian 14 years or older (even if it's just for a few minutes).
Start today! Genesis Place offers a comprehensive Water Safety Instructor (WSI) program to prepare candidates to instruct Red Cross Swim programs.
The program includes a skills evaluation, online course, classroom/pool instruction and teaching experience, all of which must be completed within specific time frames. Upon successful completion of all components, candidates will be certified as a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, and must take additional professional developement within the first year of certification. Water Safety status must be recertified every two years.
Click on the link for more details; Instructor Development Program