We are approaching the March 27 deadline for filing Assessment Review Board (ARB) complaints. The ARB will be accepting complaint forms and payment in the following ways this year:
The following options are available for filing complaint forms:
- Forms can be emailed to Appeals@airdrie.ca and payment can be made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) by calling 403.948.8816. An ARB Clerk will be available to take payment information during the mornings (8:30 a.m. until noon) Tuesday, March 24 - Thursday, March 26 and all-day Friday, March 27.
- Forms and payment by cheque can be left in the drop-box located at the front doors of Airdrie City Hall. This box will be monitored daily. If you use this method, please email Appeals@airdrie.ca so we know to expect it.
- Forms and payment can be couriered to the City of Airdrie at: 21 East Lake Hill NE, Airdrie, AB T4A 2K3. If you use this method, please send an email to Appeals@airdrie.ca so we know to expect it.
• Forms are completed fully and correctly.
• All required documentation is attached.
• The required payment is made.
The ARB hearings process is under consideration and will depend on further information from the Government of Alberta and the City’s Emergency Management Agency. We will provide information about the process to those who have filed complaints.
Before filing a complaint/appeal, please discuss your concerns with an assessor. They may be able to correct the record or make an appointment to visit your property. If the Assessment department is not able to explain or correct your concern, you can file a formal complaint against your assessment with the Assessment Review Board (ARB).
The Assessment Review Board Clerk must receive your written complaint no later than the date provided on the assessment notice.
To avoid penalties you must pay your taxes by the due date even if you have filed a complaint.
*Please note that an assessment complaint is not an appeal for lower taxes.
All complaints must be made using the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form. It must include:
- Why you think the information or assessed value shown on your assessment notice is incorrect
- What you believe to be the correct information (If you disagree with the assessed value, indicate what you believe the assessed value should be)
- The filing fee noted on your property assessment notice
- The date and outcome of the discussion you had with an assessor. If you did not speak with an assessor, please specify why
An agent may file a complaint on your behalf if you complete an Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization Form and include it with your complaint.
Complaints with an incomplete complaint form, complaints submitted after the filing deadline or complaints without the required filing fee are invalid.
Complaint forms and filing fees may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at:
c/o Clerk of the Assessment Review Board
City of Airdrie
400 Main Street SE
Airdrie, AB T4B 3C3
For more information, refer to Municipal Affairs - Assessment Complaints and Appeals web page.
- Assessment Review Board Complaint Form (pdf)
- Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization Form (pdf)
- Information for Complainants (pdf)