A Transportation Master Plan (TMP) is a high-level planning document that is intended to align policies, studies and planning documents published by the City of Airdrie (Airdrie) into a complementary transportation network planning strategy.
This TMP, entitled the 140K Plan, is intended to guide the City over the next approximate twenty years of development and growth as the City reaches the 140,000 population horizon. Building on the foundations created through the Connecting Airdrie plan (2014 TMP) and the 2008 TMP before that, the 140K Plan integrates the 12K Acres Annexation Lands and new Community Area Structure Plans (CASPs) currently in various stages of progress.
The 140K Plan comes at a time of significant change for the City as it crosses the 70,000 population threshold in uncertain economic times, with major infrastructure investments needed from Alberta Transportation (AT) and surrounding municipalities to maintain the current pace of growth.
Despite these ongoing challenges, the vision of the City has not changed – A vibrant, caring community rich in urban amenities and opportunities for everyone. We value a healthy, sustainable environment connecting people and places.
- 2020 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) - 140K Plan (pdf)
- 2020 TMP - 140K Executive Summary (pdf)
- 2020 TMP - Appendices Only (pdf)
- 2014 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) (pdf)
- 2014 TMP - Connecting Airdrie TMP_FINAL-Executive Summary (pdf)
- 2014 TMP - Connecting Airdrie TMP_FINAL-TIIP (pdf)
- 2014 TMP - Connecting Airdrie TMP_FINAL-Complete Streets Toolbox (pdf)