Every two years the City of Airdrie conducts a Business Satisfaction Survey. The survey collects data on a number of topics related to the economy, business operating environment, and City of Airdrie business-related services. The results are used to help shape programs and services for the business community.
Results of the survey were presented to City Council and the business community in May 2018.
- View the Survey Highlights sheet.
- Read the 2018 Survey Results Presentation prepared by Banister Research Ltd.
- Download the News Release.
Overview of Results
- 631 Airdrie businesses responded to the survey
- 86% of respondents said Airdrie is a “good,” “very good” or excellent” place to do business
- Quality of life, location, community growth and access to customer bases were listed as the top benefits of doing business in Airdrie.
- Top challenges facing Airdrie businesses include the cost and availability of land, office, commercial and industrial space, cost of labour, cost of advertising, taxes and access to affordable childcare.
- Looking ahead, businesses are cautiously optimistic:
- 57% expect demand for their products/services to grow over the next 12 months (up from 55% in 2015)
- 33% of industrial/commercial businesses expect to hire (down from 39% 2015) over the next 12 months
- 47% of home-based businesses are interested in moving to a storefront location (up from 26% in 2015)
- 2018 Business Satisfaction Survey Highlights (pdf)
- 2018 Business Satisfaction Survey Presentation (pdf)
- 2018 News Release (pdf)
- 2015 Business Satisfaction Survey Highlights (pdf)
- 2015 News Release (pdf)
- 2015 Survey Results Presentation (pdf)
- 2013 Business Satisfaction Survey Highlights (pdf)
- 2013 Survey Results Presentation (pdf)
- 2013 News Release (pdf)
- 2011 Survey Key Findings Presentation (pdf)